Sunday 22 November 2009

Been an even longer time, this time...

I am very happy to report that there's not much to report. Which is good.

Happy to say that the radiotherapy finished last week, without any repeat of the problems that occurred at the beginning of the session. It would have been good if the machine hadn't kept breaking down, leading to two hour waits, but at least I was seen on the same day that I was supposed to have been :-)

What else has happened? Got a dose of the Swine Flu on the Monday after the last posting. That dry cough ended up as a temp of about 38.5. Fortunately, my "Flu Buddy" was able to collect some Tamiflu for me on the Tuesday morning and by Wednesday lunchtime I was feeling much better. So much better that I was able to attend the public consultation in Blackpool on the Thursday morning, Friday and Saturday.

That went extremely well - we had 550 people through the door, which is very good indeed considering the weather and the overall response was very positive. "Just get on with it" summed up most of the responses. I wish we could. I've been working on this for 3 1/2 years now, and we haven't even submitted an Outline Planning Application yet. Won't be on-site until Spring 2011 at the earliest, either. Frustrating.

Have to see both the Clinical Oncologist and the Haematologist in early December, so let's hope that they can both agree on the way forwards...

That's about it, for now. No news really is good news. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment