Monday 22 March 2010

Back in "the chair" again this week...

Ding ding, Round 3.

My next round of treatment (Nr 3 of probably 8) is this Wednesday. If there are eight sessions, then I finish them all in early July. Which is a long time away.

I am determined that, this time, the steroids are not going to get the better of me. I wasn't expecting that reaction last time round, so I am prepared for it this week. More walks with the dog. That's the answer.

But, keeping positive... We have booked a fortnight in Skye in September which is going to be terrific. We haven't had more than a week on one of the Scottish Islands before and we've never been to Skye, so this is going to be very interesting.

We also have a few days in Venice sorted for the competition, staying in an apartment with a couple of very good friends, so it will be great to see them again too. And, I might see if we can get a few days in June if the quack only gives me 6 sessions instead of the 8. Flying will be out of the question, but maybe a couple of days in Bristol (we keep talking about it) or down on the South Coast could be a good short break.

Might even get the tent out...

3 comments:

  1. Positive thinking is very hard when you are down but it does work. Keeping doing things and maintaining contacts, both people and places, all helps. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, whoever you are!

    I am remaining positive and trying to keep in contact with as many people as I can. As I have said before, everyone I know has been extremely supportive, and I am very grateful to them all

    Including those who wish to remain anonymous :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My thoughts are always there with you, Andy.

    I'm sure you will find Skye to be very special in an Islay way. You may have checked it out already, but I can recommend The Three Chimneys at Colbost, Dunvegan. We had an evening meal there a few years ago and were quite impressed.

    Ken.

    ReplyDelete