Thursday 10 September 2009

Finally....

Had a call from the radiologist yesterday morning, advising me that he will give me an appointment on Monday morning, next week. Couldn't tell me at what time... but someone would be in touch to let me know.

Well, no one has been in touch, so I phoned the hospital again this morning. Progress! The now know of me, but still can't tell me what time on Monday.

"We are going to write to you with an appointment"

"But, it's Thursday already. The letter will never get to me"

"Well, you'll have to phone tomorrow afternoon then"

Very helpful

I explained that some of us have other things that we need to organise in our lives, and can't be hanging around all morning waiting for appointments, but that didn't go down too well. It's as if they think that patients are just sitting around with nothing else to do

So, Monday, sometime, will tell what's next. One thing that is for sure is that we are no longer going to be able to fit this in before mid October.

Went to a meeting of the Lymphoma Organisation at Christie Hospital last night. I probably wasn't actually the youngest there, as I thought I would be, but I wasn't far off. They were very helpful and very friendly (why wouldn't they be?), and I will certainly go again next time, in November.

Broke a tooth this morning - need to get that fixed too.

No comments:

Post a Comment