Thursday 3 September 2009

Escalation

Had an email from the haematologist's PA this evening. He has now discussed all the results with his colleagues and everyone concurs that I have follicular non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma.

So, today, he has referred me to a radiotherapist at our local cancer centre. I don't know how long it will take for him to get back to me, but I'd like to think that I should hear from them within a few days - this time next week at the latest. Got to get on with this - we fly to Malta in exactly 6 weeks.

So, in the meantime, I have arranged to see the haematologist again for a check next Tuesday.

Exciting times at the moment. There's a new camera being released by Leica next wednesday, and I was privileged to be given an invite to the launch in Germany. (That's the meeting I referred to last time - we can talk about it now :) ). Unfortunately, it has transpired that the above events have overtaken us, and not only do I have to be able to clear my diary at short notice, but the cost of the flights to Frankfurt are now prohibitive. I don't want to be the one that makes FlyBe its profit for that particular flight...

Maybe next time.

I have lots of friends looking out for me and supporting me near and far. I appreciate every one of the messages I receive - I know a lot of great people. However, someone I know sent me a message the other day to say that his partner has recently been diagnosed with ovarian cancer. And I thought I had it rough - what I have is nothing compared to the situation that others are in. So, my thoughts go out to her, and him at this really difficult time.

No comments:

Post a Comment