Monday 7 December 2009

Not the final visit...

Wants to see me in a further three months (and, by the sounds of it, on a rolling 3 month schedule after that) and he's still talking about a course of chemo. But, not just a 6 treatment course, the full 8. So that's a 6 month course from start to finish, as the treatment is done every three weeks.

From what I understand, you feel really bad in week 1, bad in week 2, not so bad in week 3, then on week 4, it's time for treatment again, so back to week 1.

Let's see what the haematologist says next week.

Keeping positive*! :-)

*Hard work sometimes...

2 comments:

  1. I just came across your blog site. I found it while rambling around the Net for Leica stuff. I’m a wanna be never gonna be photo and/or audio creative writer dreamer. The only redeeming factor is that I'm retired and so perhaps I'm allowed to persist in this delusion.

    At any rate, please know that somewhere in California there is this fellow who you've never met, but is wondering about you -- hoping for you -- saying a silent, concurrent prayer while writing this.

    I wish you all the best. Someone said: A HEBREW SAGE MIGHT SAY, "You cannot climb uphill by thinking downhill thoughts."

    Good thought. And I say, it's all 'win.' We may think that we've lost the war or that it's a forgone conclusion, but that is a flat-out fallacy; we lose (and win) 'battles' but NEVER the War of Life. That victory is assured.

    Just my thoughts.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After cancer surgery I was offered, and refused, chemotherapy. As that was 9 years ago, and I am in remission so far, I am glad I refused that treatment. Many people in late 60s/70s seem to have a miserable time of perhaps prolonged life, but seem almost totally preoccupied with the disease and the therapy's rotten side effects. Check out those on chemo before deciding on it, and find out why one consultant is not too keen on its use.

    ReplyDelete